Hi there all! Here is a recipe I’m asked for every time I take it somewhere! An oldie but a goodie that everyone seems to love! I usually make it when we go camping as it is robust and travels well.
CHOCOLATE COCONUT BARS
1 cup plain flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup desicated coconut, 1 cup cornflakes – crushed lightly, 1 tb cocoa, 155gm butter , 1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup icing sugar, 2 tb cocoa, 30gm butter, 1 tsp vanilla, 1.5 tb boiling water, 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped or 1/4 cup shredded coconut.
- sift flour & cocoa into mixing bowl, stir in other ingredients.
- melt butter with vanilla, add to bowl & mix well.
- press into greased lamington tray ( 28cm x 18cm) and bake @ 180 C 15 – 20 minutes.
- cool in tray. when cold, ice and quickly sprinkle with chopped walnuts or shredded coconut.
- when icing is set, cut in tray, in half length ways, then into fingers, .
- Icing: melt butter, water & vanilla in small bowl. sift in icing sugar & cocoa. Mix to smooth & glossy, add a few more drops of water if necessary.